Reports to: Service Director
Summary: As Systems Engineer, you will act as the first point of contact for Managed Service customers contacting ETS to report issues and problems relating to their service. The primary objective of the role is to provide first time resolution. This will be achieved by high level troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving problems at the first point of contact. Throughout this process, you will remain the single point of contact with the customer, maintaining ownership of the original issue and acting as the main point of contact between the customer and ETS by providing timely updates and ensuring the issue is given the correct level of priority and attention. You will train and work together as a team with the rest of the service dept. staff. As Technical Consultant, you will focus on consulting, assessments and implementation of ETS technology solutions, including but not limited to Servers, Storage, Networking, Cloud, and Managed Services. Working with the ETS sales team and outside vendors & distributors, Technical Consultant will assess and identify customer’s technology needs and challenges, investigate potential solutions, consult with subject matter experts to identify and design the optimum solutions, and propose and deliver the final solution in collaboration with sales to create high level SOW’s (Statements of Works) and BOM’s (Build of Materials). As a Systems Engineer/Technical Consultant you will be customer facing during all portions of the job’s execution with the goal of exceeding the customers’ expectations.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent education and/or experience.
Related Experience Overview: Five + Year server/Network technical experience. Three years customer interface experience. One-year advanced communication technologies installation/service experience. Technical experience in servers, installs and troubleshooting.
- Servers Experience 3+ years
- Current on sever knowledge
- Server Build, Diagnostic/troubleshooting, Exchange
- Server on Premise or Cloud
- Operating Systems/Software
- Microsoft Server 2008 to current
- Microsoft Windows 7 to current
- Microsoft Office Suite 2016
- Microsoft Office 365
Skills necessary for Success:
- Inter-personal skills
- Highly driven, motivated and ambitious
- Team driven internal and face to face with customers
- A polished and professional demeanor inside and outside the office
- Exceptional communication & Presentation skills both orally and written
- Strong project management skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Process and documentation oriented
- Problem Solver
- High level work through crisis situations with a rational approach, mature judgment, clear coordination of tasks and independent thinking
- High Level technical background with ability to work issues across broad spectrum of technologies
Responsibilities of System Engineer/Technical Consultant:
- Manage incoming issues in a professional, courteous manner over the phone, via email & chat and face to face.
- Take ownership of issues/tickets/projects and manage them in a logical and methodical manner.
- Correctly log incidents and issues, categorizing and prioritizing them in line with team procedures.
- Maintain and deliver a customer first attitude when it comes to service tickets, projects and consulting.
- Documenting activities in ticketing/project system within the time of the work performed.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by pursuing technical certifications, attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional organizations, etc.
- Contributes to team effort, building, success and sharing knowledge with team colleagues.
- Conduct full and thorough high-level diagnostics with end users to enable first call resolution.
- Ensuring all issues are progressed & cleared within quick and timely resolution stated in our contracts.
- Managing issues through their entire lifecycle from the first point of contact through to resolution, proactively keeping the customer informed of progress and time to resolution.
- Diagnosing and resolving problems to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Maintain and develop your own knowledge and skills to assist with first time fault resolution.
- Identify and escalate repeat issues or service risks into service management teams.
- Manage multiple scheduled tasks for clients, designed to ensure that the client systems remain operational.
- Consult with customers to identify their needs and challenges.
- Perform on-site technical assessments to discover, organize and present technical details with a goal to support architecting the proper solution for each client situation and environment.
- Work with subject matter experts and conduct research to identify and design optimum solutions.
- Create documents, SOW (Statement of Work), BOM (Build of Materials) and implementation plans and present to the client in collaboration with sales.
- Be responsible and accountable for Project Management around solution implementations to ensure projects are completed on time and at or under budget.
- Attainment of individual goals set by Service Director.
Direct all resumes and inquires to HR@erbs.com